Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Seeing You Come Alive

When my friends and family ask me "why?", I've tried to explain the injustices that you face, and justify my passion for getting involved to the extent that I have. I have never felt anything so rewarding as to know that I have the power to help you and others like you, even if it is in only small ways.

To be totally honest, all my life prior to this, I have been a fairly selfish person. Everything I have done in the past has been to directly benefit myself or someone I know personally. It was not until I encountered you beautiful people that I became inspired to give of myself to a cause that is outside of my immediate realm. While my corporate finance life brings tangible monetary reward to my own life, it does not come remotely close to the satisfaction that I feel in knowing I have made someone feel as you have expressed.

Like yourselves, I am transforming. My transformation involves metamorpasizing from an introverted, self-centered, capitalist type person into someone who deeply cares and has the desire to give of myself for the good of others. Words cannot describe the good that my relationships with you are doing for my very soul... my essence is being uplifted by you each and every day.

I am happier now than I have ever been in my life, and it is because of you people. Having you in my life is the most positive force I have ever felt. In addition to being my dear friends, you are my muses, and my teachers. I learn and grow from our every interaction, and I could never thank you enough for what you are doing for me.

Watching you "came alive" as you embrace your true natures... like a brilliant butterflies emerging from their cocoons. This is most definitely cause for celebration! Life is so precious; we are never guaranteed to have tomorrow. By living for the moment, and expressing who we really are, it is easier to be thankful for our individual uniqueness. Seize the day!

Originally posted in response to: http://genderevolve.blogspot.com/2005/08/mythologically-speaking-of-course.html